This is a Teacher job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a passionate Teacher. You will provide input for the core curriculum, create assignments and find stimulating methods to help students grasp challenging concepts.
- Create lesson plans based on the approved curriculum.
- Check individual student assignments for accuracy.
- Provide individual instruction for students who do not understand classroom instruction.
- Make lessons engaging by including group activities and discussions.
- Ensure that students with special needs have access to the appropriate resources.
- Collaborate with crises intervention teams (e.g. guidance counselor, school security guard) as needed.
- Keep records of student progress with homework assignments and exams.
- Oversee students’ behavior and provide support accordingly.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- State licensing and/or certification.
- [X] year(s) experience as a Teacher.
- In-depth knowledge of pedagogies and school’s policies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Patient and energetic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Education or relevant fields.