This is a Technical Writer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Technical Writer. You will write high-quality, user-friendly documents for our products.
- Complete writing assignments in a clear and concise manner.
- Improve documents that have been written by other developers.
- Use company standards for writing and reviewing documents.
- Use terminology that is appropriate for each assignment.
- Organize writing materials in a manner that allows other project writers to collaborate remotely.
- Write, edit, review and re-edit drafts.
- Ensure that sections within documents written by different writers appear consistent and share a similar writing style and flow.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a virtual team setting.
- Ability to write technical proposals, contracts, web content and other material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.