This is a Waiter or Waitress job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an energetic and hard-working waiter or waitress to join our team. We need a team player who can help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our customers.
- Present yourself as friendly, personable, and approachable to each customer.
- Monitor assigned customer tables.
- Take customer orders in a professional manner.
- Oversee customer orders and dietary needs with cooking staff.
- Ensure that each table is fully stocked with napkins, condiments, and other supplies.
- Deliver food and drinks to customer tables.
- Answer customer questions regarding service, food preparation, and/or other related concerns.
- Clean tables after each customer is finished/ prepare tables for new customers.
- Bill customers and collect payment.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Great organization skills and attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and empathy communication.
- Ability to provide friendly customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Adequate command of [X] language.
- [X] year(s) experience working in a restaurant.