This is a Welder job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Welder. You will help put together various mechanical parts ranging from outdoor lighting, light steel assemblies, to building construction.
- Cut and measure materials to prepare them for welding.
- Build specifications according to blueprints and plans.
- Inspect, produce and setup assemblies in accordance with drawings.
- Monitor the voltage and wire speed for welding machines in order to properly fuse metals.
- Exercise safe work habits.
- Use hand scrappers and power chippers to grind and chip excess spatter or slag.
- Notify the supervisor of defects within the materials and the equipment.
- Inspect assemblies for defects.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Knowledge of procedures for welding different types of metals (e.g. steel, aluminum, and cast iron)
- [X] year(s) experience as a Welder deploying a variety of welding techniques and tools.
- Ability to lift at least [X] pounds.
- Good hand-eye connection and great attention to detail.
- High School Diploma.