What role does DE&I play within your organization? In this session, we'll explore how DE&I initiatives are a vital part of your hiring approach, how they help attract, hire, and retain candidates, and steps you can take to implement an inclusive hiring process too.
Key takeaways from this session
- Tips on how to embed DE&I into your recruitment practices. This includes a focus on creating inclusive recruitment content, an accessible application process, and fair and consistent assessments.
- The importance of creating an environment where staff want to stay. You can do this by putting supportive structures & processes in place and fostering a 'feedback & fail forward' culture!
- Benefits of prioritizing inclusive hiring. This includes broadening your talent pool and allows you to reach candidates who may have been previously overlooked.
About the Speakers
- Joanne Hambleton is the Recruitment Team Lead at Greenpeace International, where she has spent the last year building the Recruitment Team and implementing fair and consistent recruitment practices. Whilst at Greenpeace UK, Joanne has implemented an internship programme which looks to encourage applications from underrepresented young people, which has been hugely successful. Joanne has also played a large part within an internal Talent Acquisition Project at Greenpeace, developing recruitment best practice which can be used globally.
- Sophie Laessle's passion for diversity and inclusion (D&I) has led her to leave her former job as a TV journalist and pursue a career with Greenpeace. After working for the German Greenpeace Office on D&I in recruiting, she is now the Greenpeace International Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Officer. In this role, she provides support in form of an EDI lens to all related matters within the organization and leads on the practical implementation of EDI measures.
What is TGTHR?
With the first edition taking place June 8–9, 2022, TGTHR is Recruitee's newest go-to event for HR and recruitment professionals to engage with experts on the best tactics to future-proof your hiring practices.
Stay tuned for updates on the dates for TGTHR 2023!