As workplace dynamics continue to shift, it's more important than ever for organizations to invest in the future of hybrid and remote work and embed DE&I initiatives at their core.
Has remote work led to new biases, discrimination, and employee alienation? How can we overcome these challenges?
In this session, our TGTHR panelists shared insights on how to mitigate biases within the hiring process, diversify your talent pipeline, and foster a culture of acceptance, understanding, and belonging for all employees.
Key takeaways from this session
- Inclusion has to start at the beginning of the hiring process. With so many variables we can't control, it's time to look at what we can control: how we invite people into our organization.
- Having biased Job Descriptions leads to only attracting a fraction of the candidates that are a fit for your open roles.
- To build a diverse and inclusive team, you must prioritize culture add, over culture fit.
About the Speakers
- Katrina (Kat) Kibben [they/them] is a keynote speaker, writing expert, and LGBTQIA+ advocate who teaches hiring teams how to write inclusive, unbiased job postings that attract exceptional talent. With 15+ years of recruitment marketing and training experience, Katrina knows how to turn talented recruiting teams into empathetic, confident writers.
- Joanne Lockwood, Founder and CEO of SEE Change Happen, is an Inclusion and Belonging specialist and speaker. She works with organisations throughout the UK, Europe and beyond, challenging corporate mentality, and providing a service that goes far beyond “just” Diversity & Inclusion.
- Madison Butler is a Black, queer woman, and she is also a survivor. She is the owner/founder of Blue Haired Unicorn, a consulting agency. Her work is focused around designing spaces and creating scalable strategies to achieve psychological safety. She is an outspoken advocate for mental health, removing the stigma around trauma and advocates for being “human at work’.
What is TGTHR?
With the first edition taking place June 8–9, 2022, TGTHR is Recruitee's newest go-to event for HR and recruitment professionals to engage with experts on the best tactics to future-proof your hiring practices.
Stay tuned for updates on the dates for TGTHR 2023!