Personal data of Recruitee.com visitors
Recruitee processes the personal data of visitors of Recruitee.com as described in this paragraph, including the users of the SaaS, excluding the visitors of careers websites of customers (Visitors).
Recruitee collects and uses the personal data of Visitors for the purpose of:
- The functioning of the website;
- Monitoring the performance of the website;
- Supporting the business operations of Recruitee, including sales and marketing;
- Improving and optimizing the website and services of Recruitee.
The categories of personal data used for the purposes listed under this paragraph are:
- Device, browser and referrer;
- Unique identifiers;
- Timezone and approximate location;
- Usage of the website;
- Requests and responses sent to and from your device.
Recruitee and it’s partners place cookies for all the purposes listed under this paragraph.
Recruitee uses its legitimate interests for processing personal data for purposes listed under this paragraph, such legitimate interests are the same as the purposes that Recruitee processes personal data for. The personal data listed under this paragraph will be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for.
Responsibility for personal data of Customer’s applicants, potential candidates and Users of the SaaS
In some cases Recruitee processes personal data as a service for SaaS Customers. The SaaS is the software-as-a-service for recruitment that Recruitee offers to customers (Customers). In those cases the Customer carries the responsibility for the personal data that is being processed, in other words the Customer is the controller and Recruitee is the processor. Job applicants, potential job candidates and end-users of the SaaS (Users) should always contact the Customer for more information about how their personal data is being processed with our SaaS and the responsibilities of the Customer as opposed to those of Recruitee.
This document describes the processing activities regarding Users of the SaaS, despite the fact that Recruitee is not always the Controller for personal data of Users. Please be aware that the processing activities that the Customer performs may not align with this document.
Personal Data of Users of the SaaS
Recruitee processes personal data of Users for the following purposes:
- Recruitee’s customer support and success;
- Recruitee’s billing and administration;
- Providing the Recruitee SaaS and accompanying services;
- Sales and marketing of Recruitee’s product and services.
The following categories of personal data of Users are processed:
- Contact details such address, e-mail and phone number;
- Support communications;
- Billing details;
- Username and password;
- Activities in the SaaS;
- Other personal data entered into the SaaS.
The Customer and/or User primarily decides the retention period for all personal data that he can control the retention of through the SaaS or that he can provide instructions for under the agreements between Customer and Recruitee. Recruitee will delete personal data relating to Users after the services associated with the personal data are cancelled and the personal data is no longer necessary for any of the purposes listed in this paragraph.
Recruitee's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. Information from Google APIs includes information from any Gmail account or Google Calendar account that a User connects to the SaaS. Recruitee will not use information from a User's Gmail account or Google Calendar account for any other purpose than providing the Recruitee SaaS.
Social media and distributed content
Recruitee may use the services of our partners to stay in touch with you or to provide you with content. For example we may provide you with articles through our Facebook page. Services of Recruitee’s partners may also be used for Recruitee and its partners to process personal data or place cookies on your device for the following purposes:
- Sales and marketing of Recruitee’s product and services;
- Improving our product and user experience;
- Thought leadership and branding;
- Communicating with customers and potential customers;
Recruitee may process the following personal data for the purposes listed above in this paragraph:
- Social media profile;
- Unique identifiers;
- Contact information.
Recruitee may also process public social media posts to stay up-to-date on and respond to social media activity in relation to its business.
The following companies process your personal data that was collected for the purposes of marketing and sales to help Recruitee serve you Recruitee’s advertisements on third party websites and applications: Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft (Bing), Twitter, Quora, Oath (Yahoo), Reddit and Outbrain. Unique identifiers (with the help of cookies), contact information and browsing history are processed for those purposes. Opt-outs for processing of your personal data for this purpose are available on the following pages:
http://optout.aboutads.info/ (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter, Oath and Outbrain)
E-mails & other communications
Recruitee may send you e-mails with information about Recruitee’s products and services, or other information that may interest you. E-mails will only be sent based on opt-in, unless you register for Recruitee’s services. If you are registered for a Recruitee service you may receive e-mails about similar services or to help you become a successful user of our services. You can contact us by e-mail to opt-out of our e-mails or use the unsubscribe links provided in the e-mail communications that we send you.
Communications between you and Recruitee such as chats, e-mails, phone conversations and private messages may be stored to improve our communications and for future reference.
Applicants to Recruitee jobs (jobs.recruitee.com)
Recruitee may collect your personal data for recruitment purposes in one of the following three ways:
- You apply for a job at Recruitee: If you apply for a job at Recruitee then we process your personal data to facilitate the entire job application procedure on the grounds of our legitimate interests for recruitment. Your data will be kept by Recruitee for up to 97 days. That period may be extended by 37 days after we have last corresponded with you over email to make sure that your personal data is not deleted while you are in an application procedure. The retention period may also be extended if you provide your consent for Recruitee to keep your profile in its talent pool for Recruitee to reach out to you about future job opportunities and to otherwise process your personal data in relation to recruitment for job openings at Recruitee.
- We source you through publicly available resources: Recruitee may, based on its legitimate interests for recruitment, search through publicly available resources such as LinkedIn to find candidates that have skills, experience and interests that match with Recruitee’s staffing needs. If Recruitee believes that you may be a match with Recruitee’s staffing needs, then Recruitee will, based on its legitimate interests for recruitment, process your personal data for the purpose of reaching out to you and asking for your consent to match you with job opportunities at Recruitee and to otherwise process your personal data in relation to recruitment for job openings at Recruitee. If the consent is not provided then your personal data will be automatically deleted within 37 days after it has first been collected. If consent is required under applicable law to contact you, we will only contact you if you have consented.
- You are referred by someone: Someone who knows you might refer you to us because that person believes you have skills, experience and interests that match with Recruitee’s staffing needs. Upon receiving your contact details and determining that you are a good match we will, based on our legitimate interests for recruitment, reach out to you to ask for your consent to match you with job opportunities at Recruitee and to otherwise process your personal data in relation to recruitment for job openings at Recruitee. If the consent is not provided then your personal data will be automatically deleted within 37 days after it has first been collected. If consent is required under applicable law to contact you, we will only contact you if you have consented.
The following personal data can be processed for a job application procedure or other recruitment activities:
- Any personal data that you provide through our job application form or that we collect during the recruitment process including, but not limited to:
- Contact details such as full name, email address, phone number
- Picture, cover letter, résumé and LinkedIn profile
- Which job you have applied for
- Statuses, notes, evaluations and planning related to your job application
- Email communications
Under European data protection law we are required to inform you that withholding personal data in your job application can give you a disadvantage in comparison to other candidates who are applying for the same role.
Upon visiting our website for the first time you are presented with our cookie consent tool. The cookie consent tool offers Visitors a choice to either accept or reject cookies that require your consent under data protection law. Recruitee will always respect your choices. It’s also possible to either disable or delete our cookies in your internet browser.
Requests or questions
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your personal data. You can also contact us with requests to exercise your rights under European data protection law. Such rights include the rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and object.
If you have any requests or questions with regard to your personal data you can contact us at: email@example.com
Updates to this policy
From time to time, Recruitee will revise this policy, without further notice. Recruitee recommends that you regularly check whether this policy has been revised. However, Recruitee will notify Users via notifications in the in-app live chat or by e-mail about any major changes that would negatively impact Users' interests. This policy does not apply to third-party services that may be accessed through links on the Services.
Recruitee’s identity and address
The details of Recruitee are as follows:
Recruitee B.V., Keizersgracht 313, 1016 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The “Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens” is the supervisory authority for the processing of personal data by Recruitee.